Monday, November 15, 2010

Day Three Hundred Nineteen: In the Pit of my Stomach

I walked into work today and for the first time in a while I was unhappy to be there. I have generally made it a point to be happy no matter where I am. But there it was. I want to do more, something else, something creative and inspiring and thoughtful. I was in mid walk to a mindless task when it hit me. Is this all there is?


Somehow my ego jumped up and told me that I am not using my talents. All the talents that god gave me, not being used. What should I be doing was my immediate question to the ill at ease feeling that ruffled my hair as it blew cold into my heart. I want more.

Damn ego. Just when I had this place wired. Just when I had befriended everyone here. Just when I thought I was here for the right reasons. Turns out my lessons here might be nearly learned and it is time to move on. Just like that, it hit me. It is time to move on. I do not know to where, but the time is nigh.

Now comes the time to search. As I hear it progress always involves risk. You can’t steal second base with a foot stuck on first. So. Today I clear the decks in my head and in my home and pray. What do you want me to do next?




Monday, November 15: sharpie on paper, 11x15

No comments:

Post a Comment