Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day One Hundred Twenty Six: Unicorns


Some people I know make me forget about other moments except the one I am in. And those moments seem so clear, precise, easy. And is that ever a fun time! Thanks. I appreciate every moment I get to live like that. Art allows it, but it is refreshing when a friend can join me there.

And then there is the rest of the moments as they come. I gave a talk this morning on unicorns... Yeah, unicorns. It would have been pretty funny if I could speak in public at normal speeds that people hear in. My brain speaks fast and so do I. When performing. Which is most of the time. I am trying to slow down. I notice it, I am much slower. Just not enough slower so that other people can notice it yet. 

I am practicing, but I first heard that refrain to slow down when speaking in grade 10 speech class. Always the same: topic good, structure good, vocabulary great, humor great... at least what we can catch you talk so fast we miss so much. I have been trying to slow down since.

Okay, okay. OOOOOkaaaaay.






Thursday May 6: Sharpie on Paper, 9"x12"

No comments:

Post a Comment