Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day Two Hundred Seventeen: My Hair

I like to think that I am not too vain. When it comes to hair, I just let it hang and strive for little effort. And it seems to be working. It looked awesome today. I did shampoo and towel dry, then went for a bike ride. Ten miles. Then a swim. Full dunk, of course, it's only wading if you don't actually submerge. A little sunning on a rock was next whilst I plotted my weekend. 


I rode back from the swim to the car as fast as I could manage for that last four miles. Pack the bike, and dash to work with the windows open so I could blow dry. Once there, I did finally run my fingers through my hair to get it out of my eyes. Then hit it with spray and willed it into place. 


And damn if it wasn't the best it has looked in perhaps years. I did feel just a bit vain. I looked healthy, perhaps glowing. And stupid happy. (I attributed happy to the fact that it was Thursday and that means Friday is looming... and the weekend. And there were left over brownies in the kitchen. ummm chocolate.) 


I would love to try and repeat that process daily, but I am afraid summer will pass into fall, the suntan under the hair will progressively fade, and the mane will continue on it's usual path of doing something Einsteinian. I should have taken a photo. And another brownie.


That was good for me, how was it for you?






Thursday, August 5: pen and sharpie on paper, 9x12



No comments:

Post a Comment