Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day Two Hundred Twenty Three: A Journey of 1000 miles.



A single pedal stroke is the start of something big, no matter when it happens.  
So, I throw down the gauntlet to myself. I have 76 days until my next birthday. I want to ride 1000 miles by then. That comes out to right around 100 miles a week. That seems totally do-able. I would like to see what else I can do over that goal. I have lots of other things that I would see happen before then as well. However, I am certain that what is supposed to happen will happen and when it does, all this bike riding strength and fitness is going to come in really handy. I need the stamina to accomplish what I will do.


So for now, I have my own carrot and stick combo. I push myself with the stick of the goal to ride the 1000 miles, meanwhile the carrot is that I get to ride my bike a 1000 miles through the beautiful waning days of summer into fall. 


I am in the first week and still get to ride lots more. I feel stronger everyday. 


Wish me luck, this is going to be good for me, I hope it is good for you.








Wednesday, August 11: Sharpie on Paper, 9x12

No comments:

Post a Comment