Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day Eighty Four: Inexorable Changes


I generally try to stay calm, quiet of mind and if not exactly focused, at least not prone to flights of imagination, fear and agitation. But here I am. Losing touch with now in deference to something that may occur. It upsets my stomach, this nameless irritant.

Hanging out in my own head is fun. But the outside world is beginning to intrude. I am going to have to paste on a smile, screw up my resolution and take on the tasks they require.

Where is my fairy godmother? The one who makes sure I only must make art, that I am fed, that my bicycle is handy, and the world stays at bay. I am content looking only where it pleases me and being blissful, even though sometimes it requires a bit of willful oblivion.
Apparently she is away and has left the task to me. Shit.

At least there is still the art. Moving inexorably onward. Thank you.



Thursday March 25: Sharpie on card stock, 9"x12"



"What other dungeon is so dark as one's own heart! What jailer so inexorable as one's self!" ~Nathaniel Hawthorn

"It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not risk cannot win." ~John Paul Jones

"Adapt or perish, now as ever, is nature's inexorable imperative.  ~H. G. Wells

No comments:

Post a Comment