Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day Sixty Two: Redemption on they daily...


 
Oh boy, have I been taking myself on a ride. Yet even as my mind runs wild with imaginings and scary dark corners, I watch from inside and wonder at my tizzy. And how can I both calmly observe and completely panic at the same time I ask myself.

I take a breath and find solace in a simple ritual, walking, doing, moving.

Painting.

Surely that is my hiding place, my secret safe place. When all around becomes a blur, I run to the easel, the sharpie, the brush, the comfort of a star, a feeling that is not so much thought any longer, but is. I am. I paint, create, hum, sing or move in silence, it matters not what else surrounds. What happens there, well, if words could describe it, there would be no need for the art.

But words fail and on I go. 




Wednesday, March 3: pastel chalk, sharpie on drawing paper, 14"x17"


"Hell is yourself and the only redemption is when a person puts himself aside to feel deeply for another person."  ~Tennessee Williams

"Redemption can be found in hell itself if that's where you happen to be." ~Lin Jensen

"Redemption comes to those who wait, forgiveness is the key." ~Tom Petty

No comments:

Post a Comment