Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day Sixty Nine: Snicker...


It frosted last night and even now with the sun bright, all shaded areas are fuzzy with icy cover. I took a walk, crossing the field through the short forest of young trees planted lovingly on the prairie. Still no signs of life in them, all tightly closed up. But down further, the ground cover, now that is awake. Moss and ferns and many others I don't have the foggiest what they are called: they all have that renewal of spring glow, growth vibe, lust for life. They green up daily.

Near a cluster of taller trees two birds, magpies, are gathering twigs for a nest in the boughs of a pine tree. Turns out I am standing quite close. They flit from tree to tree closer, giving me the eye the whole time. Never the less, work to be done, off they glide to the next twig out there. Your secret is safe with me; even if I prove to be a nosy neighbor.

Soon, all heaven will burst forth from the earth and the chicks will be in my pine.

Until then, I see renewal and its possibilities everywhere:





March 10, Wednesday: Sharpie on Paper, 11"x14"

1 comment: