Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day Seventy Three: The Flash


The art today is a departure. And a collaboration.

I do not generally collaborate. Not that I am against it, it's just that I seldom find the experience so delightful. The art of compromise is often a test of wills. Not in this case. My friend is such an open soul: unfailingly polite, gentle, humorous and sweet as well as patient (and athletic enough to hold some difficult stances for a long photo session). Sharing new ideas was a joy. Each was accepted and improved or rejected within such an amiable exchange that as we continued to improve the product I never felt unheard or unappreciated. I enjoyed the process so much that time flew deep into the early morning. I can't wait to see what we come up with next time. The possibilities seem endless under such a detente.

But for today - there is a need for new snowboarding boots. And there is a website that is offering a pair of New Balance 686s for the best foot art.

We did two versions for this submission, this is the first one - The Flash.

Not the comic, the foot art:


Sunday, March 14: The Flash foot - Tempera Paint, card stock, sharpie



All great art is the work of the whole living creature, body and soul, and chiefly of the soul.  ~John Ruskin


Every increased possession loads us with a new weariness.  ~John Ruskin

No comments:

Post a Comment