Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day Eighty Three: Tell me about yourself...

My focus is divided today. I have tasked myself to become a better speaker. As an artist I have joked with the notion that if I had the words, I would not need the art.

Ha, likely story is that I suck at it. Or like the old adage that people fear public speaking more than death and would prefer to be in the box than give the eulogy at a funeral. Well, I am hoping for more than that. And I am actually generally not loathe to speak up, if approached. But what if I need to sound more succinct or interesting or clear?

So I have joined Toastmasters.

Wow. It is a change of pace in so many ways. Different people than my normal circle, which I appreciate. But we meet at 6:30AM. And if you know anything about me... What are you thinking? must come to mind.

In a few hours I give my first talk. About me. Ouch.

so you get this, the power of the orange:

Wednesday March 24: Sharpie on watercolor paper.

Did I mention my speeding ticket. $124.00 and the insurance papers in the car expired two days ago. Sweet. Suck-a-licious.

No comments:

Post a Comment