Friday, March 12, 2010

Day Seventy One: I hit the curb and got a flat tire. Thank you Ian.



Today I acquired respect for my tires in a new way. In full living color, I apparently careened into a curb. My tire soon went flat on a busy street. I fear that I might have killed it completely by driving to safety around the corner.
I wish I never had to drive.
I prefer to ride.
My favorite cities have always been where I can ride my bike or take public transport anywhere I want to go. It keeps me in the mix in a way that my bubble can never do. And even though I like to drive occasionally, I prefer a driver. Why would I not. Someone to take the wheel, navigate the tide. I get to ride, make art; appreciate the journey.
 For now, I take the wheel And make art. I fight with each other. Incompatible. 



 March 12, Friday: Sharpie on cardstock, 9"x12"


See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment