Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day Seventeen: New baby heads feel like lush velvet, only better


Today the boys have been laboring over the engine. Some mumbled curses about “where did this bracket come from” have tightened my smile and elicited affirmative encouraging chirps from me.
I see the stack of parts is getting smaller. And the noise that comes out of boys using a torque wrench is sort of sexy; grunts and hearty exhales.  So, my part in this is amusing at the least.

Now it is dinner time and they have exited to clean up.
Quiet again reigns here. I retain high expectation!
In art news, that canvas that was standing patiently in the corner, giving me the eye all the time… well, we are now in an orgiastic communion of stars and magenta and palette knives. I can’t wait to show you, in a couple weeks or so. 
Of course Brittney asked me to pick something else to obsess over, “For those of us coming in here every day, give us something else besides stars to look at.” I do love the affirmation here.  I will take it under advisement.
And the new large paper work, well, It has the skeleton of the piece, just the details are flummoxing me. I patiently await it to tell me what comes next; lots of white space yet to abuse.
So, for today, I have  this:

January 17, 2010: Pen and Sharpie on Brown paper. 9"x12"

I am awestruck at how time warps itself around my focus.



No comments:

Post a Comment