Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day Thirteen: 1HOE

The second day of carpooling in Calvin's truck is starting to show the quirks. Since I work the further away of the two of us, I get to drive there and back.

Apparently the cold has a chilling effect on the ability of the drivers window to roll back up. Swearing at it profusely does the trick though. And some engine cleaning a while back endowed the windshield wipers with a mind of their own. Fast, erratic, stopping in the middle of the window, then to slow to a crawl. Awesome. But it keeps me alert! And the stereo: well, lets say the bass speakers are better than a spin cycle for enhancing my ride.

But the best part of the ride is the looks I get from the outside. The relentless ribbing that we give Calvin for  his "1HOE" license plates is now a special treat that I get too! It took not too long for my work mates to call me on it and question its origin. I think the ladies at the DMV were trying to tell him something!

Now, here I am, all jazzed. One small piece today for my pleasure:




7"x8.5", Sharpie on White sketch paper. Metallic Sharpie makes its second, more subdued appearance.

Anyone know how to replace a head gasket?

No comments:

Post a Comment