Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day Two, Sniffles Redux, Where is my Snuggie.

The first couple days when I was thinking about doing a blog, my mind raced all day with clever things to say, anecdotes to tell, flourishes and all. And when it came down to it, I forgot all that, just wasted all that peace in my mind, lost out on those present moments, and did not even give a thought to the art that was to come.

So, I stopped, regrouped, and decided not to think of the blog until now... Sitting with fingers poised.

Overall it is good, I tend to work best on art, or rather work my best art, when my mind is in a blank state. A peaceful, present, here-ness that ignores anything outside the movements of my hands, the colors used, the minute bleed of the sharpie tip, the warm sip of hot tea, repeat. As I putter around in a quiet state, the creative source comes in and takes over. I am a sharpie on gods canvas. Some days he just practices and some days he is inspired. I just enjoy the ride.

Now here is the second piece, started yesterday, sniffled over into the late night, hustled out early in the day, complete, but ripe with ideas for follow up.

So now I can move forward on the starts of others. Be a good steward of my dream. Build the discipline.

Plus I want to go sit in the dark, eat popcorn and watch a movie and I want to relax there.

My family all went to the gun show. Why?

So, without further ado: Day Two, sharpie on Recycled Rough Sketch, 18x24 inches.




I need to do something about the lighting, perhaps a different camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment