Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day Fifty One: Movie Night

 I finally am going out to a movie. I love movie popcorn the best. And I like the trailers and the stupid "turn off your cell phone" shorts. I like the dancing candy and soda. I like the plush seats with cup holders and arms that conveniently go up between seats, when the popcorn is shared... I like watching people arrive, scanning for seats, some shy and some bold. I like the thrill of the dimming lights. I like whispering to my friend in the dark, leaning in. I like crying at poignancy, laughing out loud at our common humanity, jumping with a rush of adrenaline when surprising things occur. I love the credits and thinking about what it was like there at the making of the movie. How many people were involved, how was James Cameron to work with, how much CGI is in the film. I like trailing out with an appreciative crowd.

I am looking forward to this movie, Avatar. All I have heard about this, the highest grossing movie of all time, is nothing but raves. And the friend I am going with never fails to bring a level of fun and joy to any occasion. Anyone who makes me feel so special is extra special to me.


So I post early and tuck a hanky in my pocket.

 

February 20: Sharpie on Heavy Paper, 9"x12"


"If my film makes one more person miserable, I've done my job"  - Woody Allen
 
"Do or not do, there is no try" - Yoda

"The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder" - Alfred Hitchcock

No comments:

Post a Comment