Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day Thirty Four: Art vs. Words

Yeah, showing the painting first robs my writing of its will to play.  The blog wad is blown and I don't have anything to say after that. My art is a hard act to follow for my writing. It still functions in warm-up band mode. Not yet ready to be the headliner. Still playing covers and using cliches. But it is practicing and bought sunglasses and made a facebook fan page.

I think the Art likes the suspense, the warm-up. My Art is a diva, please humor Art for art's sake. Plus, the process of making the art is not describable in words, that's the whole thing, that is why it is visual and not words, why my soul gets to breath. And that is why Art is so snippy about the poor photo shoots and the indistinction between the very small and the much larger, texture lost in 800x600.

But the words, immediate and potentially meaningful... well now, Words is getting a little cocky. It wants to get full rein to play. Unfortunately it is impatient and seldom waits for inspiration, just takes off running, shooting off at its fingertips.

And here I am, caught in the middle. Are my words and my art in harmony or are they sparring partners?

Enough.


February 3: Sharpie/Uni-ball on Heavy Paper, 9"x12"

 




Meanwhile, I almost watched the news last night and noticed myself getting agitated and nervous. I avoid so much. I like peace and smiles and other happy spirits.


So infatuated with the new stuff on the easels.

No comments:

Post a Comment