Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day Thirty Two: Hello I love you.

I have been filled with gratitude all day. My good fortune at finding what was lost, all intact, has left me amazed by how good things can be.  I fell madly in love with life in a shiny new way.

Okay, I lost my wallet yesterday. And the pain that hits you in the gut of course is well known. As my face flushed and adrenaline pumped, I canceled my bank card. And did everything I could to stay calm while tearing through the car one more time, just in case.

I called the Albertsons I was at, certain that my trip to the ladies must have been where I had dropped it. "No", Marty, the nice voice on the other end replied, after a nerve racking two minute wait. (Nerve wrecking is more like it. I had things in my wallet not yet approved for general use but I had just acquired, that I find helpful in the making of art. So, if the wallet is found, then what. Sweating....) "No, I did not find anything". Oh, thank you. Sort of glad he had not found it.

Now what?

So who had found it? (Please be a friendly understanding sort and not an intolerant nut job.)
And now I am headed back, instantly afraid to drive without my license. To the scene. I am not certain what to do...

Once back there I scanned the lot: Any people standing around looking like they might have found it and would love to speak to the owner? If they have my license, how hard will it be to track me down anyway? Can I re-license in Idaho?

I circled the lot to where I was parked.

And viola, the same space is empty in an otherwise full lot. As I veer into it, I see a lump on the ground? Is it possible? After all the people that must have pulled in and out, it was sitting there on the pavement getting rained on. Sweet mother of mercy.

Thank you God. I mean really, thank you.
I pulled in, picked it up and pulled out.

And have been downright giddy, full of goodwill and happy fortune since.

 


Wahoo! February 1: Sharpie on Bogus.  9"x12"
1/12th of the way through the year. I am happy. I feel younger. Hahahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment