Thursday, February 18, 2010

Day Forty Eight: I want to climb to the top of that rock!


I have to admit to feeling a little like I have not been living completely up to my full deal here in the last couple days. This is an art blog, and while the art has been present, of course, the blog portion has been a little lax. 

Its not as though the art was so huge and complex that it boggles the mind and words would only cloud the issue... no, I have been barely producing enough each day to get by until a new big work is ready to be shown here. And my words have been sucked dry.

Truthfully there are several pieces that need to finish and move aside. I am waiting for the next deluge of inspiration but I fear that too many unfinished pieces in a messy studio do not  provide enough room for them to develop unfettered by past experience. I don't want to continue to copy myself. Imitate myself. I want to look at blank space and conjure new worlds. See new visions of perfection.

Same with my relationships. I wish to view them anew daily. Untainted by anything. I love you all over again.

All that aside:

 




February 17: Sharpie on Watercolor paper, 9"x12"


"There are no failures - just experiences and your reactions to them." - Tom Krause

No comments:

Post a Comment