Sunday, February 14, 2010

Day Forty Five: The rain washed away my Valentine.

 
So yeah, it rained all day. That should have sent me running to the studio but instead my urge to Sunday drive still took me out. There was the usual stop for coffee, sweet and hot. 

And next is the daily trip to the river. With the myriad of locations to satisfy that urge available, I took an amble on the beach near the city center. 

Now I am hiked and coffee-ed and I see him again. I saw him yesterday for the first time. Then he was also walking alone, but downtown, in the midst. I was instantly struck by the image he presented. I could see the vague painting forming in my head. 

He is early 20's and tall with thick blonde shoulder length hair, wearing a tan knee length pea jacket and a newsboy cap. I am not sure what it was, just a quick view, an image, a thought. 

Then today in a totally different neighborhood: there he is walking. The glimpse was fleeting but the outerwear was the same. I cruised a couple blocks pondering the stalking about to occur and just what would I say? Finally I round the block and ready for a drive-by. 

He was gone. I have spent internet time trying to find that image. But all those boys are so porcelain looking, not ruddy and healthy, disheveled, with an attitude. 

All my projection onto that hapless person whose face is fuzzy notion… But I can see the painting. Hummm…

Until then....


 


February 14: Sharpie on Bogus, 9"x12"


"To love another person is to see the face of God." -Les Miserables

No comments:

Post a Comment