Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day Two Hundred Twelve: There goes Janky July

Holy Shit, there goes July, the worst month for art so far. I mean, I let things pass this month in lieu of floating the river or bike riding. And while I am fully on board with photography being an art, I hardly think most of the photos that I selected would be elevated to that level. But I do have to consider this question daily: what is art? The thought rolls through the alleys in my mind.


However, desperate times call for desperate measures. And in a year long project, some days are lesser days than others. And on the final Saturday in July, I had to ride my bike and listen to live music. The bike ride was awesome, but not long enough. As for the show, it was questionable to my ear as to whether that music rose to the level of art... Thank goodness it was free.


And thank goodness for Danger. I get to flirt with Danger and Danger doesn't mind. He just curls up on my lap and together we find the art in that.






Saturday, July 31: End of the Month should be celebrated. So ice cream cake will do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment