Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day Two Hundred Sixty Two: Grateful for the Rain

When I got to the point of riding to a friends house today, the rains had begun. It was just over ten miles and it rained the entire way, increasing in intensity as I pedaled. I could feel my shoes filling with water and after 4 miles I took off my glasses and put them in the old lady pocket and continued. Under a bridge I encountered a couple of cyclists waiting out the rain and at a trail head parking lot were three more hiding in the bathroom. 


I continued on.  The final mile was so heavy I could barely see at all and the standing water on the road was inches deep.


When I arrived, a cup of tea and a towel awaited me. I dripped on her floor, drank the tea, changed shirts and headed back out. 


I guess I must have passed the test, because the rains slowed to a sprinkle for a couple miles, then stopped altogether. Then the birds came out with the sun. 


I laughed with them and the rains stayed away until I arrived home. 


A great day I must say. Riding in less than ideal conditions just makes me more determined and grateful to be able to ride at all.






Sunday, September 19: Sharpie on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment